Sunday, June 10, 2007

my stage

I miss the freedom you give me.
The freedom to be whoever, whatever…without fear or shame, pride or joy… just the exultation, the freedom of being… I miss the way I am afraid at the beginning… before I start. The way my heart skips, and I cannot breathe… I cannot think… I feel it all, and I feel nothing. And then I start and I just forget… I forget to breathe, I forget to be afraid, I forget to think… I just become… for them.

I miss the rhythm, the steady beat of the unfolding scenes, and the cadence of the different parts we play… one after the other… as we create, becoming more than just ourselves… creating a whole that is more than the sum of our momentary parts… Everything fades, everybody fades … It’s just you… and me … and them.

I miss holding it all back… to give it all out. The sweet, sweet exhaustion that follows... the emptiness of the space that is between the time I become and the time I return… I miss the release, of not having anything else to give… the calm after the storm… the quiet that I have in my secret place afterwards… because I have nothing else to give… to them.

You never refuse me, you always accept me… You will always be home… my stage and my home.

11 comments:

BlogVille Idol said...

HEY PEOPLE..THE BLOGVILLE IDOL CONTEST HAS STARTED GO TO OUR PAGE AND LISTEN VIA THE VOICE PLAYER and VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CONTESTANt VIA THE VOTING POLL..PLS SPREAD THE WORD

dScR?Be said...

wow... u write very very welll....

omohemi Benson said...

I like the rhythmic sensual appeal of this piece. wonderful.

chidi said...

1st time on your blog....great post!

omohemi Benson said...

Oga, how you dey?
Official stalker marking register today. lol.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i think i'm in 'blog-love'... lol... sweetie you write it like i love to read it... luvs it!

lost-not yet found said...

2ndCor...
may the Lord shine his face upon u...thanx
Chidi..
u r welcome anytime
ONB...
islands in this gregarious stream... I remain ur number 1 fan..
Stalker...
O ga o..I almost missed u.

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

I don't wear glasses or play the piano BUT I have a VERY dear friend who does... her name's Doris or Nkechi (we are quite alike). Do u know her????????????????????????

Confused Naija Girl said...

very well written ! you are able to draw out an emotion.

omohemi Benson said...

Look, you have locked your windows for days now,
I can't peep in, what is it?
Is there someone else in there? lol

Am good, marking register today again.

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

Ok,what's going on here? I turn my back for a sec and before I know it, you're writing all kinds of fantastic stuff and flirting with all the female bloggers. Mind yourself o.

You, my mad friend are skilled. I wish your words weren't always tinged with melancholy but that's part of the beauty of your writing.

Carry on and here's hoping you find a little lightness here and there.