Thursday, May 24, 2007

oldeyes (1)

The little girl with old eyes
What shall we do to your old eyes?
What could make them new?
Perhaps, if you cried
Some of the age would leave
And your eyes will be new
Would you cry for me then, little girl?
Would you cry for me
and make your old eyes new?

January 2001




I remember the first time I saw you oldeyes.

I remember...but I cant remember how it started. This was the first one oldeyes. I cant remember a lot now... But the little I remember is enough.

I cant remember what I wanted to save you from. But I remember that saving you was supposed to save me. Did I save you, oldeyes?

Did you save me? Was it all just a futile battle against the inevitable?

Time will tell oldeyes, what other use is there for time anyway...

I cant remember oldeyes...Time has also done that to me. I will remember you occasionally oldeyes...through the bits and pieces... the fragments and the words that have frozen our times forever for me.

6 comments:

omohemi Benson said...

Tell me more about old eyes.
Welcome to blogsville man.

Thanks for stopping by.

lost-not yet found said...

Most certainly...

Thanks for dropping in also

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

I want the story behind the story

amahrah said...

...shld i tell everyone who i remember old eyes was??? ehhnnn?

lost-not yet found said...

Amarachi, glass houses my dear...glass houses..

Anonymous said...

i used to be the little girl with the old eyes... dang lost...seems you're in my head sometimes...